9A Datchworth Green
Situated in the side door of an occupied Victorian cottage next-door-but-one to the Plough public house at Datchworth Green crossroads.
Open from 2pm to 4.30pm on the 3rd Sunday of each month (closed Dec to Feb). Free admission. Donations welcome. Click here to view opening dates for the current year.
We welcome visits from students or history groups by arrangement.
The museum opened in June 1991 in what was formerly a Blacksmith’s. It was last used as a Blacksmith’s in 1953, the bellows are still intact and form the main feature of the museum and the artefacts are displayed in glass cabinets.
In 1995 Friends of Datchworth Museum was set up to provide a regular income to help cover basic running costs. Application forms are available at the museum.
Click here to read the History of Datchworth Museum
Click here to view Museum Picture Gallery